Welcome to Sunbrook Academy at Barnes Mill in Austell, Georgia. We are conveniently located near Mableton and Smyrna, Georgia, and our preschool can be found on Hicks Road just off the East-West Connector in Austell, Georgia.
Choosing the right preschool is one of the most important decisions your family makes. At Sunbrook Academy, we hope to make that decision easier.
Sunbrook Academy at Barnes Mill gives you peace of mind by providing your children with an exceptional preschool education and fun-filled day from nurturing professionals in an environment as comfortable as home. Our preschool learning center has a warm, loving atmosphere and a year-round education program that fosters a lifelong love of learning.
Daycare, Preschool & After School Programs
As part of the Cadence Education Family of Schools, Sunbrook Academy at Barnes Mill uses an expertly developed preschool curriculum to give every student both the skills and confidence for the next step in their life. We offer the following daycare, preschool and after school programs at our Austell, Georgia location:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks to 1 year) – A program designed to maintain the strong bonds, warmth and security your child enjoys at home with you.
- Junior Toddlers (12 – 24 months) – This toddler program is designed to encourage your child’s sense of discovery and active learning.
- Senior Toddlers (24 – 36 months) – A program focused on improving gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary and learning through discovery.
- PreK 3 (3 to 4 years) – A pre-kindergarten program focused on fully preparing students for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Private PreK 4 (4 to 5 years) – This program weaves the skills and experiences taught in previous years to ready students for the transition to Kindergarten.
- After School Program (PreK – 12 years) – Students are picked up from local schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning and growth.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 6 to 12) – Camp Secret Agent 2017
Watch Your Child Thrive: Kindergarten Readiness
Sunbrook Academy at Barnes Mill’s Kindergarten Club prepares pre-kindergarten students with key skills to excel in problem-solving, mathematics, reading/writing, social studies, and science.
According to results from a recently-administered Kindergarten Readiness test to 3,805 children across 155 of our Cadence Education Family of Schools, we identified a total of 89.6 percent of those children with “Kindergarten Readiness” and 63.4 percent with “Advanced Readiness” for those full-time students that had participated for more than a year in our program.
Food for Thought Menus
At Sunbrook Academy at Barnes Mill, we dedicate ourselves to providing healthy meals and snacks for each of our students in a peanut-free environment. We carefully plan and test healthy menus we know children enjoy that feed their bodies for growth and performance.
Options typically include:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables served daily
- Limited sugars on daily menu
- Low-fat proteins served daily
- Allergy-sensitive menus available
Safety & Security
We demonstrate our preschool center’s commitment to your family through strict adherence to our safety and security policies, which include:
- 24- hour security system with controlled building access
- Fully-encompassing fire sprinkler system
- Low student-to-teacher ratios
- 100 percent CPR/First aid-certified staff
- Computer check-in and check out
- Ionized-filtered air
- Much more
Schedule a Tour
We encourage you to come by our Austell, Georgia day care and preschool learning center for a visit. Please call 770-444-3900 or contact us online today to learn more.
We look forward to meeting you and providing your child the safe and happy school experience he or she deserves!