Sunbrook Academy’s Private PreK 4 Program is one of the most important program offered at our school. This program weaves together all the skills taught over the last several years and readies them for a successful transition to kindergarten. It is the final step in Sunbrook’s challenge to ensure that all graduates are “school ready” and we take on this challenge with pride and seriousness.
The program encourages the development of readiness skills through storytelling, real language experiences, literature-based activities, math manipulatives, science and discovery experiments, free-form art, and other hands-on individual and group activities. Community awareness is fostered through social studies about self, family, and community helpers.
- Bachelor degreed teachers with GACE certification required for all Private PreK 4 teachers
- Daily schedules posted both inside and outside the room
- Weekly Lesson Plans posted
- Monthly newsletters including home technology and literacy links sent home
- All 9 Learning Domains of the Foundations Curriculum taught each day
- 49 Learning Objectives tracked, documented, and assessed
- Rooms are set-up and organized to support learning with a different theme each month
- Language and Literacy Areas with books purchased and rotated monthly to support topic
- Science area with real and found items to support each monthly topic
- Dramatic Play area
- Math and Manipulative table
- Creative Development area with art and crafts posted and updated
- 2 outdoor Physical Development times per day, weather permitting
- Computer and tablet labs available at participating centers with daily lesson plans
- All contact surfaces and toys are sanitized 3 times per day
- Daily Sheets are completed for every student each day to update parents on all learning activities, meal information, along with memorable moments
- Electronic Daily Sheets at select locations able to update parents immediately via email or text on all learning activities, meals, and naps.
- Photos of memorable moments sent on daily basis