Sunbrook Academy has one of the very best programs for school-age students in the area. The program has been researched and written as an add-on to many of the elementary school programs that have been cut in recent years. The Sunbrook Academy After School Program is a place for fun, learning, and growth.
Students are picked up from many local schools (see Director for current list of schools serviced). Afternoon “power snack” served.
Students rotate into three different activity zones every hour:
- One zone for homework and tutoring with a skilled teacher there to answer questions, check agendas, and check for accuracy
- One zone for science, cooking, art, and crafts where students get to express their creativity while having fun and sharing with others
- One zone for P.E. and free play where students stay fit, compete, relieve stress, and learn teamwork and sportsmanship
- Computer labs and tablet centers are available for student’s use at most centers
- Elementary school reading list books available at each center for down times
- Care is available for school-aged students during elementary closings and work days
Before School Program
Before school care is available for parents who need to drop students off before their school day begins.
- Breakfast served for all Before School students
- Holiday care is available when schools are closed or for early release, other than when designated school holidays.
- Spring Break, Winter Break, and Christmas Break care is available with customized themes, curriculum, and field trips